CSE010-0164-00 Castle Creations Sidewinder SW4 Waterproof 1/10 ESC
While the all new SIDEWINDER 4™ builds upon Castle’s most popular platform, the SIDEWINDER 1:10 SCALE SERIES, it is the first of its kind to run Castle’s newest technology, CRYO-DRIVE™. CRYO-DRIVE™ combines technology from cutting-edge hardware and software advancements to increase thermal performance. COOLER TEMPS mean LONGER RUNS and MORE POWER in your SIDEWINDER 4 setup.
- 2s - 3s LiPo; 6 - 8 cell NiMH use in vehicles up 6.5lbs with battery, ready-to-run
- Sensorless brushless and/or brushed motor operation
- Waterproof design ESC and splash resistant 30mm fan*
- 5.0 volts fixed, 2 amps Peak BEC
- Audible alerts for error conditions
- Enhanced drag brake functionality
- Smoother sensorless startups
- Convenient transmitter programming for six common adjustable settings
- Additional settings and software updates available via Windows®-based Castle Link software and USB adapter (sold separately) or via Field Link Card (sold separately)
- Telemetry Link compatible for Futaba® S.BUS2 (sold separately)
Input Voltage Range: 2s - 3s LiPo; 6 - 8 cell NiMH
BEC Specifications: 5.0 volts fixed, 2 amps.
Operating Environment: Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment
Reversible: Yes, but may be disabled for racing.
On/Off Switch: Yes
Cooling Fan: 30mm fan included
ESC Size: 2.08x1.50x1.28" (52.92x38.05x32.56mm)
ESC Weight (w/wires): 2.26 oz. (64 g)
Connectors: 4mm female bullets for motor connection.
Items Needed for Operation: Brushless or Brushed motor, Battery Connector required
Application Guidelines: The Sidewinder 4 is a versatile ESC that can be used in a wide variety of applications. it can be paired with any 14xx series 4-pole brushless motors; it can also be used in a rock crawling application with a brushed motor down to a 19 turn.
Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: No more than 6.5lbs with battery, ready-to-run.
Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (sold separately) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software.
Telemetry Link Capable: Yes
*Product Use Statements: Although Sidewinder 4 is waterproof, it is not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. They can corrode when exposed to corrosive materials, such as salt water. Always rinse the ESC with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the controller may be waterproof, Castle recommends users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.